Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanks

I just don't know how to say thanks to all of you.  I wish I could be all humble or even maybe snarky and say that FB notifications make me crazy, but I pretty much hug the computer when I get them.  Thanks for being so kind and for hurting with me.   Well, not just hurting with me, but giving me loads of hope too.  All of comments, shares, private messages, and even the sweet likes have overwhelmed me over and over again.

So.  I was kinda sitting here dorking out a bit in the wee hours.  I just wanted to read my first chat message with Kristi.  I didn't care if it was a request for a recipe or just playdate details.  So, uh, I did tons of scrolling, folks.  SO  MUCH SCROLLING.

It was written May 31, 2009.  She was diagnosed with cancer August 2011.


Hey Sweetie

I will be praying! I actually was just telling Robert a little about it tonight and was asking him to pray. You know I understand the challenge of following blindly. This week I have also found myself fighting to be willing to follow God's plan. I think it really kinda scares me to follow Him b/c what if where He leads me is hard. I know that in the end it will be good, but what about the mean time. There is no guaranty that following God will lead me to pleasant pastures of wild flowers. In fact it may lead me to a desert. The desert will teach me powerful stuff and I will have awesome times with God, but it will be hot and I like wild flowers a whole lot. As I was thinking about all of this it was as if God asked me... "Do you really trust me"..."Is what I want to teach you and where I'm taking you worth the effort and possible pain"..."Did you mean it when you said you would follow me"...and so on. I even thought of conversations I have had with you about when we are willing to follow God and do things that don't always make the most worldly sense, then we are able to experience a closeness with God and see Him work in powerful ways. In ways that others who play it more "safe" may not see. You and I both know the correct answers to the questions and what is truth. Yet I'm still fighting to follow as well. I think that is why I got tearful when it came to our memory verse today. I will be praying fervently for you and Dean this week and especially this weekend. Thank you for sharing with me. I know that it can be tough to bear our souls. I am privileged to fight along side you in this. You are my sweet, dear friend and I do love you very much!!!

Please keep praying for her.

Also, hey! Wanna see some photos from December 2010? These kinda rock my socks. I'm not even kidding.

Please, notice in the group shots how tall Rosalie looks. Kristi was hunched down holding her, and lifting her up. Not even kidding.








No comments:

Post a Comment